The Annual Wellness Visit is a benefit for Medicare recipients introduced in 2011. Medicare designed the benefit to help the patients and their clinicians develop a plan for their health based on their individual needs. The Annual Wellness Visit can help prevent disease and establish advanced care planning.
Free to those with traditional Medicare and many patients with Medicare Advantage plans, the visit focuses on some very important areas of your health, including:
- Reviewing medical and family history
- Assessing the risk for certain diseases and conditions
- Verification of BMI and vital signs
- Evaluating your medications and making a list of referrals
- Developing a plan for any screenings or immunizations